Posted to websh-user@tcl.apache.org by Veikko Rytkönen <ve...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/03 14:07:32 UTC

J have a problem...

Hello,

I tried to compile the Websh 3.6 Windows version and got an error (see the
jpg-file).
Can anybody help me?

Veikko Rytkönen
The Finnish Labour Archives

Re: J have a problem...

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
> Thank You answering my questions.
> First I tried to compile in that win-directory - You see my error2.jpg-file.
> J think the whole source is unpacked, there is \generic\tcldecmt.tcl too.
> Then J copied all the source and nmake.exe in the same directory, and J got
> that error.jpg (first picture).

Can you please post to the mailinglist and not directly to my inbox?

Unfortunately, I have only a very old Visual Studio at disposal (nmake
is version 6.00 and cl is version 12.00).

But since I can't read the error (well, I can read it, but I don't even
know what language the message is in ;-) that cl throws, I'm affraid I
can't help much.

2 things to consider:
- Did you try with the latest source from the repository or with the
  tarball from the web site? (the latest source has some fixes,
  although not really many in the windows setup)
- Try with an old visual studio if you have one around (I run version
  6 and it compiles without hitch for standard installations of Apache
  and Tcl)

Regards
Ronnie
--
Ronnie Brunner | ronnie.brunner@netcetera.ch
phone +41-44-247 79 79 | fax +41-44-247 70 75

Re: J have a problem...

Posted by Ronnie Brunner <ro...@netcetera.ch>.
Hi

> I tried to compile the Websh 3.6 Windows version and got an error (see the
> jpg-file).

Are you sure you unpacked the whole source? You're supposed to be in a
directory src\win to make Websh for Windows. ..\generic\tcldecmt.tcl
is part of the source distribution. Your error implies that your
source directory tree is incomplete.

hth
Ronnie