Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Nobles, Craig (Charles)" <cn...@phs.org> on 2021/12/17 15:27:45 UTC

Tomcat Times out with CAN'T REACH THIS PAGE msg after new SSL Certs imported

Greetings - we're looking for any help available on this error we're getting after importing new SSL certificates.  Everything appears to go well with all of the SSL certificate steps but our Tomcat 9.0.26 Web Front-End server (used to operate our SAP Business Intelligence 4.2 SP8 environment) fails with msg "Can't reach this page".

In IE, the "More information" option shows msg of "There was a temporary DNS error" and "Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND".

In chrome, the msg is "This site can't be reached" - and "Server took too long to respond".  The additional msg below that says "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT".

Has anyone encountered this?  How do we get Tomcat (or other) to give us more information on what is happening?  Our Tomcat logs are showing no information for this.

Thanks for any help,

Craig

*-*-*- Presbyterian_Healthcare_Services_DISCLAIMER -*-*-*
This message originates from Presbyterian Healthcare Services or one of its affiliated organizations.
It contains information, which may be confidential or privileged, and is intended only for the individual or entity named above. It is prohibited for anyone else to disclose, copy, distribute or use the contents of this message. All personal messages express views solely of the sender, which are not to be attributed to Presbyterian Healthcare Services or any of its affiliated organizations, and may not be distributed without this disclaimer.

If you received this message in error, please notify us immediately at info@phs.org
If you would like more information about Presbyterian Healthcare Services please visit our web site http://www.phs.org

Re: Tomcat Times out with CAN'T REACH THIS PAGE msg after new SSL Certs imported

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 17/12/2021 15:27, Nobles, Craig (Charles) wrote:
> Greetings - we're looking for any help available on this error we're getting after importing new SSL certificates.  Everything appears to go well with all of the SSL certificate steps but our Tomcat 9.0.26 Web Front-End server (used to operate our SAP Business Intelligence 4.2 SP8 environment) fails with msg "Can't reach this page".
>
> In IE, the "More information" option shows msg of "There was a temporary DNS error" and "Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND".
>
> In chrome, the msg is "This site can't be reached" - and "Server took too long to respond".  The additional msg below that says "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT".
>
> Has anyone encountered this?  How do we get Tomcat (or other) to give us more information on what is happening?  Our Tomcat logs are showing no information for this.

That would be unusual.

Can you provide the logs for a clean startup of your Tomcat instance?

Mark