Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> on 2016/10/11 00:19:12 UTC

Re: First Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating (GA) release...

Switched to the dev list to discuss what to do with the nightly builds.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 5:13 PM, Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> The ‘uploadArchives’ task publishes the maven artifacts into the snapshot repo.  The Geode-Nightly jenkins job publishes the develop branch, currently version 1.1.0-incubating:

Should we be publishing snapshots from the jenkins job for the release
branch as well? If we take too long to release, the 1.0 snapshots may
disappear entirely. In the meantime they are out of date. We'd have to
be careful to set releaseType=-SNAPSHOT in gradle.properties or on the
command line before doing that.

-Dan