Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Mark <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/16 17:59:07 UTC

Upgrading master hardware

We will be adding more memory into our master node in the near future.
We generally don't mind if our map/reduce jobs are unable to run for a
short period but we are more concerned about the impact this may have on
our HBase cluster. Will HBase continue to work will hadoops name-node
and/or HMaster is down? If not where are some ways we could minimize our
downtime?

Thanks

Re: Upgrading master hardware

Posted by Mark <st...@gmail.com>.
So obviously there will be a short interruption while I shut down the NN
on 1 machine and start it up on another?

Posted by Karthik Ranganathan <kr...@fb.com>.
Mark,

Fwd: Upgrading master hardware