Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu> on 2012/11/12 19:49:16 UTC

Encouraging more volunteers

I note that the link Getting Involved | How to Contribute leads to a
page topped by this:

  How to contribute?
  Code

  TBD

If someone could find a few minutes to fill this in, I think it would
remove some friction.

Further down that page:

  General documentation

  These instructions only work if you have an active account in our
  Daisy CMS and got the doc editor role assigned. If you haven't, create
  your account at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/registration and
  ask at dev[_at_]cocoon.apache.org for editing rights.

The link returns 404.

Still further down, there is a link to Cocoon Site Overview.  That
link also returns 404.

Asking whether markets are efficient is like asking whether people are smart.

Re: Encouraging more volunteers aspirant

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.
FYI,
I've just fixed COCOON-2329 [5] and updated

http://cocoon.apache.org/1273_1_1.html

and

http://cocoon.apache.org/1256_1_1.html

Now it's time to start contributing: code for coders, doc for others :-)

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/

Re: Encouraging more volunteers aspirant

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <sc...@gmail.com>.
On 11/13/2012 08:54 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> On 12/11/2012 19:49, Mark H. Wood wrote:
>> I note that the link Getting Involved | How to Contribute
> You mean http://cocoon.apache.org/1273_1_1.html
>
>> leads to a page topped by this:
>>
>>   How to contribute?
>>   Code
>>
>>   TBD
>> If someone could find a few minutes to fill this in, I think it would remove some friction.
> Definitely: what if we "grab"
> http://openjpa.apache.org/get-involved.html from OpenJPA? It seems very
> nice to me.

http://forrest.apache.org/committed.html is as well a good source.

>> Further down that page:
>>
>>   General documentation
>>
>>   These instructions only work if you have an active account in our
>>   Daisy CMS and got the doc editor role assigned. If you haven't, create
>>   your account at http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/registration and
>>   ask at dev[_at_]cocoon.apache.org for editing rights.
>>
>> The link returns 404.
>>
>> Still further down, there is a link to Cocoon Site Overview.  That link also returns 404.
> Daisy is not used anymore for managing the website(s),  but some
> references are still around: thanks for reporting, I am going to remove
> such elements.
>
> We currently manage the website(s) via the maven site plugin (site
> sources are at [1] [2]): the major drawback is that you need to be
> committer to contribute documentation; the advantage is that you can
> always open an issue on JIRA [3] [4] and attach a patch :-)

Well the above is not 100% true we use as well a wiki where comitter
aspirant usually start.

salu2

> Anyway, I've opened [5] for fixing the stuff reported in this e-mail.
>
> Regards.
>
> [1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/site
> [2] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/cocoon3/trunk/parent/src/site
> [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON
> [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON3
> [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2329

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/

Re: Encouraging more volunteers

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.