Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Etienne Richards <et...@solve400problems.com> on 2005/08/27 16:52:33 UTC

need fully-qualified hostname

When James tries to deliver mail to lycos.co.uk the server responds back
with:

Remote mail server told me: 501 <server>: Helo command rejected: need
fully-qualified hostname

What is meant by a fully qualified host name and where can I change it?

RE: need fully-qualified hostname

Posted by Etienne Richards <et...@solve400problems.com>.
Wonderful, it worked.

I previously did have a name but not a correct DNS name.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.