Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2017/06/09 13:09:00 UTC

[VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

With good fortune, all architecture-specific issues are fixed,
and we are ready to bless a 1.6 initial release. Usual
http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ path contains the candidate.

  +/- votes please
  [  ] Release apr 1.6.2

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Jan Ehrhardt <ph...@ehrhardt.nl>.
William A Rowe Jr in gmane.comp.apache.apr.devel (Fri, 9 Jun 2017
08:09:00 -0500):
>  [+1] Release apr 1.6.2

FWIW: +1 Windows VC14 (CMake)
--
Jan

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Gregg Smith <gl...@gknw.net>.
On 6/9/2017 6:09 AM, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> With good fortune, all architecture-specific issues are fixed,
> and we are ready to bless a 1.6 initial release. Usual
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ path contains the candidate.
>
>    +/- votes please
>    [  ] Release apr 1.6.2

     [+1] Release apr 1.6.2

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.
On 09/06/2017 23:09, William A Rowe Jr wrote:

> With good fortune, all architecture-specific issues are fixed,
> and we are ready to bless a 1.6 initial release. Usual
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ path contains the candidate.
>
> +/- votes please
> [  ] Release apr 1.6.2

+1 Slackware

--
Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On Jun 9, 2017 5:50 PM, "Nick Kew" <ni...@apache.org> wrote:

On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:09:00 -0500
William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:

> With good fortune, all architecture-specific issues are fixed,
> and we are ready to bless a 1.6 initial release. Usual
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ path contains the candidate.

Thanks!

>   +/- votes please
>   [  ] Release apr 1.6.2

+1 on my platforms.

Checking a diff, I am confused by the Netware change
in r1797413.  Is that an exact reversion to 1.5.2?

Yes, it is identical nonsense, just avoiding any regression here.

Do we have someone who can test-drive Netware?

I hope so. From my discussion with Yann, we are off the opinion that this
could be fixed in a future 1.6.3 since the prior declarations were unusable
bugs, and it should cause no pain.

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 9 Jun 2017 08:09:00 -0500

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
+1 AIX/xlc/ppc64

longstanding failure in apr_sockaddr_is_wildcard() only

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:09 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> With good fortune, all architecture-specific issues are fixed,
> and we are ready to bless a 1.6 initial release. Usual
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ path contains the candidate.
>
>   +/- votes please

[+1] Release apr 1.6.2

Tested on Debian(s) stable, old-stable, testing/unstable.
All tests passed.

PGP/SHA1/MD5 valid.

Thanks Bill for RMing.

Re: [VOTE] Release APR 1.6.2

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org>.
On 09.06.2017 15:09, William A Rowe Jr wrote:
> With good fortune, all architecture-specific issues are fixed,
> and we are ready to bless a 1.6 initial release. Usual
> http://apr.apache.org/dev/dist/ path contains the candidate.
>
>   +/- votes please
>   [  ] Release apr 1.6.2

+1

OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan

Tested with the APR-Util 1.6.0 release candidate and Subversion trunk.

With one warning:

../apr-1.6.2/atomic/unix/builtins.c:71:53: warning: passing 'const void *' to parameter of type 'volatile void *' discards
      qualifiers [-Wincompatible-pointer-types-discards-qualifiers]
    return (void*) __sync_val_compare_and_swap(mem, cmp, with);
                                                    ^~~

-- Brane