Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by "NEKRASSOV, ALEXEI" <an...@att.com> on 2018/07/11 13:30:02 UTC

Flink on Mesos - have to manually add host name to /etc/hosts

When I attempted to start Flink 1.4.2 on Mesos - I've ran into issue described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45391980/error-installing-flink-in-dcos
This workaround solved the problem: https://stackoverflow.com/a/48184752

Is there something that can be changed in the Flink project, to avoid this issue? Or is there a place to document it along with the workaround?

Alex

Re: Flink on Mesos - have to manually add host name to /etc/hosts

Posted by vino yang <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

It seems it's a issue about finding host mapping. If you use hostname,
flink will try to find the real IP address, if it can not find the host/ip
mapping,  will throw the exception.

I think the link of the answer is a correct way of fixing this issue.

Thanks.
Vino.