Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Peter Vines <pe...@callido.com> on 2003/01/10 03:05:13 UTC

Action problem

Hi
I'm having a big problem getting velocity based portlets/actions to work.
Had a good look through this list, and the Jetspeed tutorial, but just can't
see where I am going wrong.

To see where I'm going wrong I've done a test using the Hello Velocity
portlet and even this doesn't work!. I made the following changes:

- made a copy of hello.vm called myportlet.vm
- made a copy of HelloAction.java called MyportletAction.java, compiled it
and put the class in ..../modules/actions/portlets
- created a myportlet.xreg containing copy of the HelloVelocity definition
- modified myportlet.xreg to so that the action is portlets.MyportletAction
- modified myportletx.xreg so that the template value is myportlet

I can create an instance of the portlet without a problem, but when I try to
modify the text as in the original HelloVelocity example it just stays the
same as that defined in the .vm file.

Many thanks
Peter Vines.