Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> on 2011/08/27 00:33:02 UTC

HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11

Dear HBase users,

I think this was brought up previously on the list, but I couldn't dig
up the thread, so starting a new one.

Hadoop World 2011 (http://hadoopworld.com/) will be held November 8th
and 9th in NYC. Last year, we had an HBase meetup the night before the
event, and I'd like to organize another such HBase event this year.
These events are a good place for users to interact with each other
and with the HBase development team. The ones in New York have been
especially fun in the past, since they draw a wide range of users from
all over the world.

In order to help with organization, I set up a form with a few
questions about what kind of meetup the community wants, and which
evening is best:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFY2R0xwQUZCWmVRckNlOVdFLUg5NFE6MQ#gid=0

Please fill this out, and feel free to contact me directly if you have
any questions.

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting new folks there.

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Re: HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11

Posted by Sateesh Lakkarsu <la...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Todd, +1

Otis

Posted by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com>.

> From: doug.meil@explorysmedical.com
> To: user@hbase.apache.org
> Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:42:07 -0400
> Subject: Re: HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11
>

> Explorys is sending a few, so +3 or so.

Oh! So you are now forcing your employees to drink copious amounts of beer and eat lots of pizza?
Bad manager! Bad manager.

:-)

Re: HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11

Posted by Doug Meil <do...@explorysmedical.com>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.

Posted by Ravi Veeramachaneni <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1

Sent from my mobile phone.

Posted by ersin <er...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by highpointe <hi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Blake Matheny <bl...@tumblr.com>.
+1

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> I haven't gotten many responses so far. If there doesn't seem to be
> much interest, I may not spend the time to organize.
>
> If you're feeling too busy to answer the full survey, feel free to
> just reply with a "+1" so I know there's some interest!
>
> -Todd
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> Dear HBase users,
>>
>> I think this was brought up previously on the list, but I couldn't dig
>> up the thread, so starting a new one.
>>
>> Hadoop World 2011 (http://hadoopworld.com/) will be held November 8th
>> and 9th in NYC. Last year, we had an HBase meetup the night before the
>> event, and I'd like to organize another such HBase event this year.
>> These events are a good place for users to interact with each other
>> and with the HBase development team. The ones in New York have been
>> especially fun in the past, since they draw a wide range of users from
>> all over the world.
>>
>> In order to help with organization, I set up a form with a few
>> questions about what kind of meetup the community wants, and which
>> evening is best:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFY2R0xwQUZCWmVRckNlOVdFLUg5NFE6MQ#gid=0
>>
>> Please fill this out, and feel free to contact me directly if you have
>> any questions.
>>
>> Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting new folks there.
>>
>> -Todd
>> --
>> Todd Lipcon
>> Software Engineer, Cloudera
>>

> --
> Todd Lipcon
> Software Engineer, Cloudera

--
Blake Matheny

Re: HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11

Posted by BlueDavy Lin <bl...@gmail.com>.
+1

2011/8/31 Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>:
> I haven't gotten many responses so far. If there doesn't seem to be
> much interest, I may not spend the time to organize.
>
> If you're feeling too busy to answer the full survey, feel free to
> just reply with a "+1" so I know there's some interest!
>
> -Todd
>
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>> Dear HBase users,
>>
>> I think this was brought up previously on the list, but I couldn't dig
>> up the thread, so starting a new one.
>>
>> Hadoop World 2011 (http://hadoopworld.com/) will be held November 8th
>> and 9th in NYC. Last year, we had an HBase meetup the night before the
>> event, and I'd like to organize another such HBase event this year.
>> These events are a good place for users to interact with each other
>> and with the HBase development team. The ones in New York have been
>> especially fun in the past, since they draw a wide range of users from
>> all over the world.
>>
>> In order to help with organization, I set up a form with a few
>> questions about what kind of meetup the community wants, and which
>> evening is best:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dFY2R0xwQUZCWmVRckNlOVdFLUg5NFE6MQ#gid=0
>>
>> Please fill this out, and feel free to contact me directly if you have
>> any questions.
>>
>> Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone, and meeting new folks there.
>>
>> -Todd
>> --
>> Todd Lipcon
>> Software Engineer, Cloudera
>>

> --
> Todd Lipcon
> Software Engineer, Cloudera

--
=============================
|     BlueDavy                                      |

Re: HBase Meetup during Hadoop World NYC '11

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Stuti Awasthi <st...@hcl.com>.
Thanks Todd,

It would be great if you can record it. Thanks Sonal for pointing this .

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
A goto meeting would be great - really appreciate this if it is not much
trouble setting it up. If there is any way I can help, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Sonal

Posted by ersin <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.