Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net> on 2018/10/08 11:43:17 UTC

Ansible 2.7: CloudStack related changes and future

Hi all

First, please note I am leaving my current job by the end of November
and I don't see that CloudStack will play any role in my professional
future.

As a result, I official announce the end of my maintenance for the
Ansible CloudStack modules with the release of Ansible v2.8.0 in spring
2019.

If anyone is interested to take over, please let me know so I can
officially introduce him/her to the Ansible community.

Thanks for all the support and joy I have had with CloudStack and the
community!

Ansible v2.7.0 is released with the following, CloudStack related changes:

David Passante (1):
      cloudstack: new module cs_disk_offering (#41795)

Rene Moser (4):
      cs_firewall: fix idempotence and tests for cloudstack v4.11 (#42458)
      cs_vpc: fix disabled or wrong vpc offering taken (#42465)
      cs_pod: workaround for 4.11 API break (#43944)
      cs_template: implement update and revamp (#37015)

Yoan Blanc (1):
      cs instance root_disk size update resizes the root volume (#43817)

nishiokay (2):
      [cloudstack] fix cs_host example (#42419)
      Update cs_storage_pool.py (#42454)

Best wishes
René

Re: Ansible 2.7: CloudStack related changes and future

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Rene,

Can you introduce me to the Ansible community, I can try to contribute and support around any API integration.

- Rohit

<https://cloudstack.apache.org>

________________________________
Sorry, I forgot to mention, that David Passante is already part of the
ansible cloudstack team, but at least one other person would be helpful.

Thanks again
René

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: Ansible 2.7: CloudStack related changes and future

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
I echo everyone's sentiments Rene, the project has benefited greatly from your input.

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Posted by Syed Ahmed <sa...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Thank you René for all your work in CloudStack especially on supporting CloudStack with ansible. The current Trillian CI system, for example, was so much easier to implement with ansible-cloudstack module. Finally, thank you again for adding me today in the ansible CloudStack team.

Good luck for your next adventure!

Regards.
________________________________

Posted by Rene Moser <ma...@renemoser.net>.
...and thanks for all the fish... and for the kind words, and a special
thank to Exoscale for their continuous support.

It has been a great time, with many opportunities I was able to master.
I have followed the vision to make CloudStack a thing in Ansible.

However, the reason I started the development was to make my daily job
easier. I makes me incredibly happy to see that it has gone way beyond
this goal, CloudStack has become a better solution to users and to your
customers.

Even it was a hobby, I took it seriously to develop things the best I
could and to set a commitment to improve constantly when I have learned
better. To be there and work on it. To be honest, my life was not always
balanced during the last 3 years.

To leave my job also means to leave CloudStack, the community and my
work behind makes me still a bit sad and it took a while to take this
step, but it makes room for new challenges to solve.

The future is bright.

Posted by Boris Stoyanov <bo...@shapeblue.com>.
Thank you so much Rene, we’re using your ansible modules on a daily basis and surely we’ll need some support and maintenance, you will be missed..

Bobby.

boris.stoyanov@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

AW: Ansible 2.7: CloudStack related changes and future

Posted by "Swen - swen.io" <me...@swen.io>.
Hey Rene,