Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Bruce Phillips <ph...@hotmail.com> on 2008/07/12 20:15:48 UTC

Struts2 - JasperReport Plugin - Subreport Problem

I'm having a problem getting the Struts2 JasperReport plugin to work when my JasperReport main report uses a sub-report.

I can get the the plugin to work fine
with a JasperReport that doesn't use a subreport.  But when I add
a sub-report to the main report that uses an new
JRBeanCollectionDataSource as the datasource expression I get an error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: Error evaluating expression :
	Source text : new JRBeanCollectionDataSource($F{phones})

The JasperReport main and sub-report works fine in iReport.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bruce
It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk.
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk

RE: Struts2 - JasperReport Plugin - Subreport Problem

Posted by "@rju" <na...@gmail.com>.
hi
you should add the class of that phones field as
"org.apache.struts2.views.jasperreports.ValueStackDataSource" instead of
"java.lang.String".

it will solve ur problem.

but my problem is i am unable to find the populated list in the sub report.
am using ireport 3.7.0
but in the example project is running and generating the report successfully

RE: Struts2 - JasperReport Plugin - Subreport Problem

Posted by Bruce Phillips <ph...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks to some great help from Dave Newton, I was able to figure out how to use Struts2, JasperReports, a main report and a sub-report in my web application.

I blogged about how I got it all to work here:

http://tinyurl.com/5h7nvv

on my blog at http://www.brucephillips.name/blog

In that blog entry you can download a complete war file with source code including the .jrxml files.

Bruce

> From: phillips1021@hotmail.com
> To: user@struts.apache.org
> Subject: Struts2  - JasperReport Plugin - Subreport Problem
> Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 13:15:48 -0500
>
> I'm having a problem getting the Struts2 JasperReport plugin to work when my JasperReport main report uses a sub-report.
>
> I can get the the plugin to work fine
> with a JasperReport that doesn't use a subreport.  But when I add
> a sub-report to the main report that uses an new
> JRBeanCollectionDataSource as the datasource expression I get an error:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.ServletException: Error evaluating expression :
> 	Source text : new JRBeanCollectionDataSource($F{phones})
>

> The JasperReport main and sub-report works fine in iReport.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Bruce
> It’s a talkathon – but it’s not just talk.
> http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_JustTalk

Making the world a better place one message at a time.
http://www.imtalkathon.com/?source=EML_WLH_Talkathon_BetterPlace