Posted to user@uima.apache.org by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com> on 2014/04/01 07:42:52 UTC

What if head node fails in DUCC

Hi,

I have a question. If head node fails then we are no more able to do
UIMA processing. Can I defined multiple head nodes in DUCC? If one head
node is failed then second node will work as a head node. Is this
possible? what is the backup strategy of DUCC?

Reshu Agarwal

Re: What if head node fails in DUCC

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Each job has a job driver. All job drivers and job processes not running on
the head node continue working as long as the DUCC broker is still viable,
and an AMQ broker can easily be configured in master/slave configuration.

Similarly, DUCC service processes and reservation processes not running on
the head node are unaffected.

Eddie

Posted by "reshu.agarwal" <re...@orkash.com>.

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.