Posted to user@spark.apache.org by SK <sk...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/10 00:58:07 UTC

Errors when building Spark with sbt

I tried to use "sbt/sbt assembly" to build spark-1.0.0. I get the a  lot of
Server access error: Connection refused
errors  when it tries to download from repo.eclipse.org and
repository,jboss.org. I tried to navigate to these links manually and some
of these links are obsolete (Error 404). Considering that this distribution
was released recently, just wanted to find out if others have had similar
issues?

Also I downloaded spark-0.9.1 and tried to build it using "sbt/sbt
assembly". Again I connection refused errors to github.com and these links
are obsolete as well.

What is the right way to build version 1.0.0 or 0.9.1 using sbt?

thanks

Re: Errors when building Spark with sbt

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
I see no problems building the assembly right now. "Connection
refused" sounds like an error with the remote repo, or your network
restrictions. I don't believe this is related to the project itself.

On an error retrieving an artifact from one repo, it will try others,
some of which don't actually have the artifact at all. That is why you
see 404s, but it is not the issue.