Posted to user@flink.apache.org by "Raja.Aravapalli" <Ra...@target.com> on 2018/02/01 20:29:00 UTC

Flink REST API

Hi,

I have a triggered a Flink  YARN Session on Hadoop yarn.

While I was able to trigger applications and run them. I wish to find the URL of REST API for the Flink YARN Sesssion I launched.

Can someone please help me point out on how to find the REST API Url for the Flink on YARN?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Raja.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Flink REST API

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.
Hi Raja,

How does the HTTP request fail? Can you post the output of:

    curl -v  http://host:port/jobs

There are a couple of other ways to find out the port number. For example,
when
the YARN session is initially deployed, the url of the web ui is logged to
stdout:

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/release-1.4/flink-yarn/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/yarn/cli/FlinkYarnSessionCli.java#L691

However, in a HA setup the JobManager may be restarted on a different host
in
case of a failure.

You can also get the port number from the JobManager logs:

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/release-1.4/flink-runtime-web/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/webmonitor/utils/WebFrontendBootstrap.java#L129

Best,
Gary

Posted by Gary Yao <ga...@data-artisans.com>.