Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/22 09:59:38 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Manifold 1.1, RC3

Please vote on whether or not to release ManifoldCF 1.1, RC3.

The release artifact can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~kwright/apache-manifoldcf-1.1

There is a tag at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/tags/release-1.1-RC3

Please vote on whether or not to release ManifoldCF 1.1, RC2.

The release artifact can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~kwright/apache-manifoldcf-1.1

There is a tag at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/tags/release-1.1-RC2

This release candidate fixes one problem since RC2.  The problem is
CONNECTORS-618, which relates to MySQL performance.

This release candidate fixes one additional problem since RC1.  The
problem is CONNECTORS-616, and relates to Solr dropping connections
during
indexing.

This release candidate fixes two other problems since RC0, both
related to Solr 4.0.0 support.
- CONNECTORS-613: The version of Tika used in Solr 4.0.0 cannot
extract text unless told an accurate mime type.  While this is
probably a Tika bug, in this ticket we at least make sure a good guess
as to the mime type is sent to Solr.
- CONNECTORS-614: Fix logic having to do with releasing idle Solr
connections.  This shows up as socket timeout exceptions, because it
becomes very easy to exhaust the Solr application server's thread pool
when idle connections are not released in a timely way.

This release includes a significant amount of long-planned upgrading
and refactoring since Apache ManifoldCF 1.0.1, including:
- Port to HttpComponents from commons-httpclient
- Port to SolrJ from homegrown for the Solr connector, so that
SolrCloud is supported
- Improved NTLM support
- Partial Kerberos support
- Many other improvements, which are summarized in CHANGES.txt

Karl

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Manifold 1.1, RC3

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ran all the tests.

+1 from me.

Karl

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache Manifold 1.1, RC3

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Canceling vote as a result of CONNECTORS-619.

Karl

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.

Posted by Erlend Garåsen <e....@usit.uio.no>.
-1 so far. Until the problem described below is solved or explained.

Running Jetty within the example folder seems to work normally, but not
within the multiprocess-example folder. In both configurations I have
defined a Solr Output Connector and a web crawler. The funny thing
within the latter folder is that nothing is sent to Solr. The crawler
just fetches and fetches, and that is the only activity I can see.

I have ran:
./start-database.sh
./initialize.sh
./start-agents.sh
./start-webapps.sh

The Solr Output connection is working and I have gone through the
settings in my job - very similar configurations from my first attempt
within the example folder, but nothing shows up.

When I looked in my logs, I discovered this:
FATAL 2013-01-22 14:10:31,802 (Worker thread '43') - Error tossed: Could
not initialize class org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.solr.HttpPoster.<init>(HttpPoster.java:246)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.solr.SolrConnector.getSession(SolrConnector.java:256)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.output.solr.SolrConnector.addOrReplaceDocument(SolrConnector.java:609)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.incrementalingest.IncrementalIngester.addOrReplaceDocument(IncrementalIngester.java:1579)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.incrementalingest.IncrementalIngester.performIngestion(IncrementalIngester.java:504)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.agents.incrementalingest.IncrementalIngester.documentIngest(IncrementalIngester.java:370)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread$ProcessActivity.ingestDocument(WorkerThread.java:1651)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.webcrawler.WebcrawlerConnector.processDocuments(WebcrawlerConnector.java:1409)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.connectors.BaseRepositoryConnector.processDocuments(BaseRepositoryConnector.java:423)
	at
org.apache.manifoldcf.crawler.system.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:551)

BTW, I'm running Solr 3.1, not the latest version. I don't think this
has something to do with the problems described above since my Solr
server does not seem to be hit my MCF at all.

Erlend