Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Peter Galbavy <Pe...@knowledge.com> on 1999/11/02 18:21:17 UTC

OT? WAP software etc.

As someone just starting down the road of reading up on the Wireless
Application Protocol, this may appear a silly question. I have a pile
of docs next to me for light reading, but in advance of actually
understanding this stuff, has anyone got a public/OSS WAP server or
project doing this ? Is it even necessary ? Is apache a potenial WAP
server (looking at the 2.0 intentions to be more open regarding the
protocols served etc.) ?

TIA.

Regards
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd

Re: OT? WAP software etc.

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Peter Galbavy wrote:

> As someone just starting down the road of reading up on the Wireless
> Application Protocol, this may appear a silly question. I have a pile
> of docs next to me for light reading, but in advance of actually
> understanding this stuff, has anyone got a public/OSS WAP server or
> project doing this ? Is it even necessary ? Is apache a potenial WAP
> server (looking at the 2.0 intentions to be more open regarding the
> protocols served etc.) ?

Sure it is. Just needs someone who wants to drive that project! Of
course, Apache can (and does) already serve the uncompressed form of
WAP.

Cheers,

Ben.

--