Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Arun Ramakrishnan <si...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/20 05:53:19 UTC

maven missing source + javadocs

I recently switched to maven. ( Was at least partly due to the new modular
avro libs).
I cant seem to find a repo that hosts both the libs and the javadocs.

It seems counterproductive to have to download the doc jars and source jars
and link them up locally.

https://repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2-cdh3u0/

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2/

at least the cloudera repo seems to have the sources if not the jars. But,
it dosent work with my m2eclipse plugin.

thanks
Arun

Re: maven missing source + javadocs

Posted by Manuel Meßner <ma...@neofonie.de>.
Hello Arun,

Am 20.04.2011 05:53, schrieb Arun Ramakrishnan:
> https://repository.cloudera.com/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2-cdh3u0/
>
> http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/hadoop/hadoop-core/0.20.2/
>
> at least the cloudera repo seems to have the sources if not the jars. But,
> it dosent work with my m2eclipse plugin.

Using cloudera's distribution together with m2eclipse works fine for me.
Try this: right click your project and choose: Maven -> Download Sources.

If you want to use the apache release, then you could install the
sources into your local maven repo. Therefore you should jar the
sources, download the pom.xml from the/your (local) repository and call
maven like this:

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=/path/to/JAR_CONTAINING_SOURCES.jar
-DpomFile=/path/to/pom.xml -Dpackaging=java-source -DgeneratePom=false

this will add the source jar to your local copy of hadoop in your local
maven repository. Afterwards m2eclipse will find the sources, at least
after clicking at "Maven -> Download Sources" again.

Regards,
Manuel
--
Manuel Meßner