Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Russell <ch...@oracle.com> on 2007/04/06 23:30:23 UTC

Empty Unit Test Errors out

Hi Experts,

I'm getting an error when trying to run a unit test (I've excluded all
other tests but one). This test is actually empty:
   public void testSaveProfile() {
      //TODO test the save profile in local DB
   }

The test fails with an error (not a failure/bad assert):

Running test.com.oracle.orion.ml3.model.UserTest

Tests run: 2, Failures: 0, Errors: 2, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.057 sec <<< FAILURE!

Here is what I'm seeing in my surefire report:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/rpc/handler/Handler
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)

When I do run all my tests, this error occurs in 80% of them.
Any idea what I need to add / do to correct this?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Re: Empty Unit Test Errors out

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Perhaps add a dependency on Geronimo JaxRPC 1.1?
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec/1.1/geronimo-jaxrpc_1.1_spec-1.1.pom

Wayne