Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Qihong Lin <co...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/02 13:15:39 UTC

Re: [GSoC] LDP based on SPARQL, mid-term checkpoint

Dear Sergio,

I've just translated all of the methods into SPARQL implementations,
and committed the code. I'll watch the upstream, in case new methods
or modifications are coming. It's actually ahead of the original plan.

Thanks for sharing your opinions of my current work. In the next
weeks, I'll resolve the problems you pointed out (i.e. tests,
documentations, code abstractions and evaluations). Basically, I think
everything is going on well until now. I'll turn to you for help, if
there's any further question. Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Qihong Lin

Re: [GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Hi Qihong Lin,

On 31/07/14 12:18, Qihong Lin wrote:
> I'm sorry I can't understand you questions. It's appreciated if you
> can help me clarify these:

I just pretend to make you stater to think about the conclusions of the
project now that the closing date is coming.

> 1) If what changes in the new alternative CDI service is just the
> invocations to the RepositoryConnection (I'd need to check the diff to
> really assert that), would it still make sense to you to provide an
> alternative CDIservice?
> What do you mean by the "new alternative CDI service", and "an
> alternative CDIservice"? I'm now translating the CDI service
> (LdpServiceImpl) into SPARQL implementation. If anything changes, I
> can translate it accordingly. Is that enough?

Yes, for the project is enough, that was the goal.

The question is I'd like to evaluate not only what you did, but what you
have learned too. So for the conclusions you could write something
discussing such aspects: that "was the right approach because...", "not
sure because both CDI service duplicate too much business code", etc.

> 2)  Or would be more maintainable to move the translation into an
> RepositoryConnection wrapper or something like that?
> What's "an RepositoryConnection wrapper"? Why do we need that (i.e.
> why more maintainable )? Can you show me an example? Thanks!

I'm not saying that's valid. Probably not. Just trying to trigger your
inquisitiveness ;-)

Not sure if you follow me. If you want, we can have a spype call
(sergio.fernandez.lopez) before Tuesday to talk about that.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Re: [GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Qihong Lin <co...@gmail.com>.
Dear Sergio,

I'm sorry I can't understand you questions. It's appreciated if you
can help me clarify these:

1) If what changes in the new alternative CDI service is just the
invocations to the RepositoryConnection (I'd need to check the diff to
really assert that), would it still make sense to you to provide an
alternative CDIservice?
What do you mean by the "new alternative CDI service", and "an
alternative CDIservice"? I'm now translating the CDI service
(LdpServiceImpl) into SPARQL implementation. If anything changes, I
can translate it accordingly. Is that enough?

2)  Or would be more maintainable to move the translation into an
RepositoryConnection wrapper or something like that?
What's "an RepositoryConnection wrapper"? Why do we need that (i.e.
why more maintainable )? Can you show me an example? Thanks!

Best regards,
Qihong Lin

Re: [GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Dear Qihong Lin,

On 27/07/14 12:41, Qihong Lin wrote:
> I'm making documentation in git wiki:
> [1] https://github.com/confidencesun/marmotta/wiki/GSoC-2014-Project-(MARMOTTA-444)
> [2] https://github.com/confidencesun/marmotta/wiki/Developer-Documentation
> [3] https://github.com/confidencesun/marmotta/wiki/User-Documentation

Perfect. Try to evolve as much as possible that documentation to start
to prepare the final report.

A conclusions chapter from your since would be nice. Think about what
aspects are interesting to discuss.

Taking a quick look to dev documentation, there is one aspect I'd like
to hear from you about the mapping of method. If what changes in the new
alternative CDI service is just the invocations to the
RepositoryConnection (I'd need to check the diff to really assert that),
would it still make sense to you to provide an alternative CDIservice?
Or would be more maintainable to move the translation into an
RepositoryConnection wrapper or something like that? Think about that,

Re: [GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Qihong Lin <co...@gmail.com>.
Dear Sergio,

Re: [GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Dear Qihong Lin,

Re: [GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Qihong Lin <co...@gmail.com>.
Dear Sergio,

[...]

Best,
Qihong Lin

[1] https://github.com/confidencesun/marmotta/commit/cff11e06c0c13bd8d8a10fea5e9eccf8d31f86ba

[GSoC] less 1 month left

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Dear Qihong Lin,

continue working hard towards achieving the goals of the project. The
sooner the better for testing and commenting your work, even implement
missing features.

Thank so much.

Cheers,