Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by no...@aol.com on 2007/12/06 19:01:55 UTC

Velocity glossary task

I want to do the Velocity glossary task, but I don't understand what a JIRA issue is; does it mean I have to attach it to a comment? Do I send the status reports to?dev@velocity.apache.org, or somewhere else??Also, do I need to have parental consent and proof of age and school before I claim this task?
Thanks a ton.
More new features than ever.  Check out the new AOL Mail ! - http://o.aolcdn.com/cdn.webmail.aol.com/mailtour/aol/en-us/text.htm?ncid=aolcmp00050000000003

Re: Velocity glossary task

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
JIRA is the name of our bug/feature/etc tracking software.  An issue
is a specific bug or feature that is in the tracker.  To create a JIRA
issue, create an account on our JIRA instance
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY) and then create a new
issue there.  It would appear that it might not hurt to include "JIRA"
and "issue" in your glossary. :)

Regarding permission and proof:
http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/faqs.html#fq1
http://code.google.com/opensource/ghop/2007-8/rules.html  (See the
Eligibility section)

So, yes, you will need to submit those things in order to be eligible
for the contest prizes.  I do not believe it is necessary to submit
those things prior to beginning work.

Regarding status reports, you should definitely post them as
attachments and/or comments on the task
(http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=33).
 But you will probably get more (and better feedback) if you also send
it to this list.

Thanks for participating!  Let us know if you have other questions.