Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shekhar Sharma <sh...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/03 06:37:30 UTC

commissioning and decommissioning a task tracker

Hello ,

I am not able to commission and decommission a tasktracker. I am using
hadoop version 1.0.3 and used the property "mapred.hosts" property for
commissioning a task tracker..

When I see the job tracker log, then it shows that it has taken the
appropriate file as include file. But i am able to run the task tracker on
a machine which is not there in include file.

I have worked with the new property as well "mapred.jobtracker.hosts.file"
, but it didnt worked as well.

Please advise me.
 Regards,
Som Shekhar Sharma