Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kristine Jetzke <kr...@kreuzwerker.de> on 2015/12/16 09:40:10 UTC

Custom auth plugin not loaded in SolrCloud

Hi,

I'm trying to include a custom authentication plugin in my SolrCloud installation. It only works when I add it to server\solr-webapp\webapp\WEB-INF\lib or to the solr home directory of each node.

If I add it as described here https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Adding+Custom+Plugins+in+SolrCloud+Mode[https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2Fsolr%2FAdding%2BCustom%2BPlugins%2Bin%2BSolrCloud%2BMode] it cannot find my class at all. What I did:
- Started node with enable runtime libe flag: solr start -cloud -s "my-dir" -z localhost:2181 -Denable.runtime.lib=true
- Created .system collection as described here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Blob+Store+API[https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2Fsolr%2FBlob%2BStore%2BAPI]
- Uploaded jar as described here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Blob+Store+API[https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2Fsolr%2FBlob%2BStore%2BAPI]
- Added jar as runtime lib to my collection as described here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Adding+Custom+Plugins+in+SolrCloud+Mode[https://3c.gmx.net/mail/client/dereferrer?redirectUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fcwiki.apache.org%2Fconfluence%2Fdisplay%2Fsolr%2FAdding%2BCustom%2BPlugins%2Bin%2BSolrCloud%2BMode]
- Checked in configoverlay.json that jar was added

I had a brief look at the code and noticed that org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.initializeAuthorizationPlugin(Map<String, Object>) uses the SolrResourceLoader to load the plugin. However, in the wiki it says that "The default SolrResourceLoader does not have visibility to the jars that have been defined as runtime libraries."

Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Thanks,

tine

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Re: Custom auth plugin not loaded in SolrCloud

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
yes, runtime lib cannot be used for loading container level plugins
yet. Eventually they must. You can open a ticket

On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 1:07 AM, tine-2 <kr...@kreuzwerker.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there any news on this? Was anyone able to get it to work?
>
> Cheers,
>
> tine

Noble Paul

Re: Custom auth plugin not loaded in SolrCloud

Posted by tine-2 <kr...@kreuzwerker.de>.
Hi,