Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charles Federspiel <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/27 21:08:21 UTC

offline solr indexing

Solr Users,
Our app servers are setup on read-only filesystems.  Is there a way
to perform indexing from the command line, then copy the index files to the
app-server and use Solr to perform search from inside the servlet container?

If the Solr implementation is bound to http requests, can Solr perform
searches against an index that I create with Lucene?
thank you,
Charles Federspiel

Re: offline solr indexing

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
This should be fine.  You won't have to replicate your index, just reopen the searcher when commit is done, that's all.  Index updates and searches can be happening at the same time.

Otis

Posted by Charles Federspiel <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: offline solr indexing

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: offline solr indexing

Posted by Amit Nithian <an...@gmail.com>.
Not sure if this helps but could you make this a solr server that is not
accessible by any other means (except internal), perform your index build
using the dataimporthandler and use Solr's replication mechanisms to move
the indices across?
You can issue the HTTP request to rebuild the index from the command line
(i.e. GET ..)

On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:08 PM, Charles Federspiel <