Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Lee <pa...@skinnypigeon.com> on 2002/09/13 20:31:50 UTC

Does Cocoon 2 work with WebLogic on Solaris at all?

I know the answer should be yes but I haven't seen much success stories after
a few days of searching through the web/newsgroup/mailing lists.

Sorry this is really a repost of my mail a couple days ago (about installing
Cocoon 2 on WLS 6.1sp2, Solaris).  I noticed that I am not alone in asking
cocoon installation on WLS who has no reply anywhere (cocoon user mailing
list, WebLogic mailing list, dejanews, cocoon web site...).

After trying all permutations of installtion methods that I can think of
(following the instruction on the http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/installing,
recompiling source code, extracting the war file, changing jdk, trying older
versions of cocoon 2...), I am beginning to accept that maybe Cocoon 2 doesn't
work on WLS on Solaris.  But before I resort to running a separate instance of
Tomcat just to do the transformation (which is pretty bad form), does anyone
know who I might turn to or any pointers about this?  Any help would be MUCH
appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Paul