Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Anderson <ri...@rci.rutgers.edu> on 2003/03/31 21:05:03 UTC

Re: Anygood Howto on Multiple Virtual Hosts Apache, mod_jk and Tomcat

Is there something similar for mod_jk2?

--Rick

Posted by "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions" <mi...@blacknightsolutions.com>.
At 14.05 31/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Is there something similar for mod_jk2?
Rick

The same principles apply. Our rather imperfect server.xml has:
<Host name="domain.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
                         <Alias>www.domain.com</Alias>
             <Listener
className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.config.ApacheConfig" append="true"
forwardAll="false" modJk="/usr/local/libexec/apache2/mod_jk2.so"/>
directory="logs" prefix="domain.com" suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
             <Context path="" docBase="/home/domainpath/web"
crossContext="true" debug="0" reloadable="false" trusted="false">
                  </Context>
          </Host>

Unlike mod_jk you don't need to add the mount points directly to
httpd.conf, so you create or edit workers2.properties to map the
JSP/Servlets to Tomcat.
I would never claim to be an expert in this, but my fumbling around and a
few queries to the list produced a working configuration - albeit imperfect.

Michele

Mr. Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions - affordable linux hosting