Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2014/01/18 06:15:38 UTC

[DISCUSS] mailing list separation

Hi folks,

Currently, we only use dev mailing list to receive dev issues, jira
generated notification, and user issues. However, our mailing traffic
is over 1000 per a month. They are mostly jira generated
notifications. As result, it is hard to track dev discussions and user
Q&A.

So, I would like to propose the separation dev mailing list into three
lists as follows:
- dev : developer issues
- user : user issues
- issues : jira notification and review request.

If you agree, I'll ask it to ASF infra team.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards,
Hyunsik Choi

Re: [DISCUSS] mailing list separation

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Thank you for quick response.

I've just asked the additional mailing list to ASF infra team.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-7210.

- hyunsik

Posted by 김 진호 <ji...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by CharSyam <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1 I agree with hyunsik

Posted by Jihoon Son <gh...@gmail.com>.
+1
This is really necessary.

Thanks,
Jihoon

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Henry!
I've just closed the INFRA ticket.

- hyunsik

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Thank you Henry!

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hyunsik,

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Thank you Henry. I'll send a formal email with announcement prefix this monday.

In addition, I've just updated the site.

- hyunsik

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.