Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Powers, Matthew" <mp...@Systems.Textron.com> on 2008/12/11 21:55:50 UTC

NMS on the compact framework

Has anyone gotten NMS to work on the Compact Framework in VS 2003 or
2005.  Spring.NET obviously isn't built against the compact framework,
but I was wondering if someone had built NMS against it?

Posted by "Powers, Matthew" <mp...@Systems.Textron.com>.
Yeah, we are currently looking to do some work on the CF.  I have never
built the NMS code before though and was wondering what I should use to
build it against the CF as opposed to the standard .NET framework?

The code should compile for the Compact Framework.  It is still a
suported platform for NMS, at least for the ActiveMQ provider.  The
other providers such as TIBCO or MSMQ may not work on the Compact
Framework.

Are you looking to do some work on CF?

-Jim

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthew,

Posted by "Powers, Matthew" <mp...@Systems.Textron.com>.
Almost there,
  Jim I used your updated instructions and I am getting there....I just
compiled Apache.NMS no problem and see the libraries for the compact
framework, .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0. But when I try to compile for
Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ it compiles for .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 but NETCF-2.0
is not compiled and the error I get is "Apache.NMS assembly for .NET
Compact Framework is not available, build skipped"  I tracked this down
to the build file and it seems like it can't find my previously built
Apache.NMS assemblies for the compact framework, yet they do exist.
Any thoughts?
-Thanks again!

Posted by Jim Gomes <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthew,

I updated the wiki so that page you referenced will get generated the
next tiime it runs.

Until then, you just need to change down one more folder level into
the 'trunk' folder before running nant.  Be sure to build the
Apache.NMS module first, and then build the Apache.NMS.ActiveMQ
module.

If you have VS2005 installed, nant will generate CF assemblies.

-Jim

--
Tim Bish
http://fusesource.com