Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jay Chiu <ja...@ureach.com> on 2003/09/03 03:15:05 UTC

RE: Batik Extension/FOP problem

Hello Thomas,

I got the same exception as what Swapan got. I think the problem
is just what you have mentioned: "Is it possible that you are
mis-mapping the elements from FOP?  the batik:flowText element
needs to become a bati.extension.svg.FlowTextElement the others
need to be mapped likewise.  Just mapping them to generic
elements won't work."

My question is how to map the element to
batik.extension.svg.FlowTextElement. Once I set up the
BatikBridgeExtension and BatikDomExtension, getBridge() should
automatically map the DOM element to FlowTextElement. But it did
not. Can you please tell me what I am missing?

Thank you very much.

Jay

> > RE: Batik Extension/FOP problem

> > Subject: RE: Batik Extension/FOP problem
> > From: Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>
> > Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:57:39 -0500
> > To: batik-dev@xml.apache.org

> > SG> I am trying to use batik extensions through FOP. I
added
> > SG> BatikElementMapping and BatikObj objects into my FOP
src
> and
> > then
> > SG> registered them in the driver class but I am still
> getting
> > some
> > SG> exceptions. Can anybody help me out ?
> >
> >     I don't know, The error you are getting is indicative
of
> > passing a
> > non Batik DOM node into Batik.  Is it possible that you are
> > mis-mapping the elements from FOP?  the batik:flowText
> element
> > needs
> > to become a bati.extension.svg.FlowTextElement the others
> need
> > to be
> > mapped likewise.  Just mapping them to generic elements
won't
> > work.
> >
> > SG> I am trying to embed the flowText.svg ( provided by
batik
> > SG> distribution ) into a simple fo document and then
trying
> > SG> convert into a pdf.
> >
> > SG> Swapan.
> >

> > SG> [ERROR] svg graphic could not be built: null
> > SG> java.lang.ClassCastException at

org.apache.batik.bridge.CSSUtilities.getComputedStyle(CSSUtilities.java:96)
> > SG> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.CSSUtilities.convertDisplay(CSSUtilities.java:509)
> > SG> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:176)
> > SG> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:148)
> > SG> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildGraphicsNode(GVTBuilder.java:188)
> > SG> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.buildComposite(GVTBuilder.java:148)
> > SG> at

org.apache.batik.bridge.GVTBuilder.build(GVTBuilder.java:76)
> at

org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderSVGDocument(PDFRenderer.java:513)
> > SG> at

org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderSVGArea(PDFRenderer.java:472)
> > SG> at org.apache.fop.svg.SVGArea.render(SVGArea.java:58)
at

org.apache.fop.render.pdf.PDFRenderer.renderForeignObjectArea(PDFRenderer.java:456)
> > SG> at

org.apache.fop.layout.inline.ForeignObjectArea.render(ForeignObjectArea.java:46)
> > SG> at

org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderAreaContainer(AbstractRenderer.java:408)
> > SG> at
> > org.apache.fop.layout.ColumnArea.render(ColumnArea.java:29)
> at

org.apache.fop.render.AbstractRenderer.renderSpanArea(AbstractRenderer.java:57).....................