Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Techy Teck <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/23 08:09:52 UTC

'sstableloader' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I have bunch of `SSTables` with me that I got from somebody within my team.
Now I was trying to push those `SSTABLES` into `Cassandra database`.

I created corresponding keyspace and column family successfully.

Now as soon as I execute `SSTableLoader` command, I always get below
exception?

    S:\Apache Cassandra\apache-cassandra-1.2.3\bin>sstableloader
    C:\CassandraClient-LnP\201304050000\profileks\PROFILECF 'sstableloader'
is
    not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or
    batch file.

Can anyone tell me what wrong I am doing here? I am running Cassandra
1.2.3. And this is my first time working with `SSTableLoader`. I am working
in windows environment.

Is sstableloader supported in windows, looking at the source it seems to be
unix shell file?

Re: 'sstableloader' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Is sstableloader supported in windows, looking at the source it seems to be unix shell file?

Yup.
If you would like to put together an sstableloader.bat file use the sstablekeys.bat file as a template but use org.apache.cassandra.tools.BulkLoader and the CASSANDRA_MAIN

If you can get it working please raise a ticket at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA and donate it back to Apache.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton