Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2007/03/30 18:41:50 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha4 Released

The Jakarta HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the
release of HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha4. This version fixes a
number of bugs and adds a number of improvements to HttpCore base and
the HttpCore NIO extensions. It also introduces NIOSSL extensions that
can be used to extend HttpCore non-blocking transport components with
the ability to transparently encrypt data in transit using SSL/TLS
protocol.

Download -
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_httpcomponents-httpcore.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site - <http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/>

About HttpComponents Core -
The HttpCore components implement the most fundamental aspects of the
HTTP protocol. They are nonetheless sufficient to develop basic client
side and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint and no
external dependencies. HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build
asynchronous HTTP services based on non-blocking I/O model capable of
handling a great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O
threads.
HttpCore will form the foundation of the future releases of Jakarta
HttpClient.

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha4 Released

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on the release Oleg - and thanks for your hard work.

Paul

On 3/30/07, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Jakarta HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the
> release of HttpComponents HttpCore 4.0-alpha4. This version fixes a
> number of bugs and adds a number of improvements to HttpCore base and
> the HttpCore NIO extensions. It also introduces NIOSSL extensions that
> can be used to extend HttpCore non-blocking transport components with
> the ability to transparently encrypt data in transit using SSL/TLS
> protocol.
>
> Download -
> <http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_httpcomponents-httpcore.cgi>
> Release notes -
> <http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
> HttpComponents site - <http://jakarta.apache.org/httpcomponents/>
>
> About HttpComponents Core -
> The HttpCore components implement the most fundamental aspects of the
> HTTP protocol. They are nonetheless sufficient to develop basic client
> side and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint and no
> external dependencies. HttpCore NIO extensions can be used to build
> asynchronous HTTP services based on non-blocking I/O model capable of
> handling a great number of simultaneous connections with just a few I/O
> threads.
> HttpCore will form the foundation of the future releases of Jakarta
> HttpClient.

Paul Fremantle

http://bloglines.com/blog/paulfremantle
paul@wso2.com