Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jerm <je...@media.demon.co.uk> on 2000/01/03 13:26:12 UTC

sitemap with cl?

Will the sitemap work when using Cocoon from the command line or controlled by a
batch rendering class for building static sites?

Thanks

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre

   <ma...@media.demon.co.uk>     <http://www.media.demon.co.uk>
    <phone:+44.[0].207.737.6831>        <pa...@sms.genie.co.uk>

RE: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Gerard van Enk <ge...@eo.nl>.
> Jerm wrote:
> >
> > Will the sitemap work when using Cocoon from the command line
> or controlled by a
> > batch rendering class for building static sites?
>
> Of course... Cocoon 2 will be able to render those "non dynamic" parts
> of the website. And there will be even the possibility to use it to
> generate "mixed" sites, where dynamically generated pages will be
> handled by Cocoon, while static pages will be generated "off-line" by
> Cocoon and served directly by Apache.

How is this gonna happen? I can't find anything in the sitemap-proposal
about off-line generation of pages? There must be some way to define which
parts of the site are off-line generated?

Or did I miss something?

Gerard

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Jerm wrote:

> Will the sitemap work when using Cocoon from the command line or controlled by a
> batch rendering class for building static sites?

Of course... Cocoon 2 will be able to render those "non dynamic" parts
of the website. And there will be even the possibility to use it to
generate "mixed" sites, where dynamically generated pages will be
handled by Cocoon, while static pages will be generated "off-line" by
Cocoon and served directly by Apache.

	Pier

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 5/1/00 at 2:21 pm, stefano@apache.org (Stefano Mazzocchi) wrote:

>Cocoon2 from the command line will look pretty much like stylebook is
>today.

What is StyleBook?

I keep reading references to it.

regards Jeremy

      Jeremy Quinn                                             media.demon
                                                           webSpace Design

CVS snapshots

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
For those of you having problems with CVS (firewall, bad client, or
simply ignorance :), you can now go to the

  http://xml.apache.org/from-cvs/

directory where you can access all the CVS snapshots.

Pier, could you please update the web site to inform others about this?
thank you.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Pierpaolo Fumagalli wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> >
> > On 5/1/00 at 2:21 pm, stefano@apache.org (Stefano Mazzocchi) wrote:
> >
> > > No, must simpler
> > >
> > > cocoon
> > >   [-p /path/to/sitemap (defaults to ./sitemap.xml)]
> > >   [-o /path/to/output/dir]
> > >
> > > that's it. The sitemap will be the repository of all cocoon
> > > configurations. cocoon.properties will be removed.
> >
> > I feel like I am asking a really stupid question ...
> > (so what else is new? ;-)
> >
> > How will Cocoon know which files to process without the input XML filenames on
> > the CL?
>
> You will need to specify a "start URI" to produce, and from that, it
> will go on monitoring the links translated by the Cocoon engine (See Re:
> Sitemap and Links)

Or, normally, it will default to "/" and start from the root, like you
would do in a web-site grabber for off-line browsing (like teleport, for
example).

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.

RE: sitemap with cl?

Posted by James & Sue Ann Birchfield <js...@home.com>.
Username is anoncvs, not anonymous.

A great tool for accessing the cvs is jCVS.
It can be found at http://www.ice.com/java/jcvs/index.shtml

=====================================
James Birchfield
Chief Technology Officer
jmbirchfield@proteus-technologies.com
http://www.proteus-technologies.com
=====================================

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 4/1/00 at 4:06 pm, balld@webslingerZ.com (Donald Ball) wrote:

>> Will the sitemap work when using Cocoon from the command line or controlled
>> by a batch rendering class for building static sites?
>
>I'd imagine that it should be able to. You probably would invoke cocoon
>something like this:
>
>cocoon
> [-p /path/to/properties]
> [-s /path/to/sitemap]
> [-i inputURI(s) ]
> [-o /path/to/output/dir ]

fair enough

thanks Jeremy

Re: sitemap with cl?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Mon, 3 Jan 2000, Jerm wrote:

> Will the sitemap work when using Cocoon from the command line or controlled by a
> batch rendering class for building static sites?

I'd imagine that it should be able to. You probably would invoke cocoon
something like this:

cocoon
 [-p /path/to/properties]
 [-s /path/to/sitemap]