Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Don Minow <dm...@comcast.net> on 2018/01/19 19:21:33 UTC

Repeat request for help with OO Writer

Late last month I sent the following request for help to the help users group.

For many years I have been a user of the NeoOffice suite of applications and have been satisfied with their performance and operation.

I purchased a new iMac desktop this summer and have noted some incompatibilities with it and NeoOffice. I downloaded Apache Open Office version 4.1.4 and now use it as my everyday application for text and spreadsheets. The iMac is using IO S version 10.13.2/High Sierra
.

However, I have an open issue with OpenOffice Writer. When I enter data, after a few seconds the screen text becomes “fuzzy”, obscured and hard to read. In addition, I note numerous dim triangles in the margins and body of the screen text.  I can clear the "fuzzyness" by 'Selecting All'; the text becomes comes clear and legible.  However, the "fuzziness" returns after a few seconds.

I have searched the Open Office help screens and a early version of the users manual but I cannot find any reference to the cause and correction method to eliminate the fuzziness.

 Thanks in advance for your help.

Don Minow

dminow@comcast.net mailto:dminow@comcast.net

I received a private response from an individual to the effect that he/she did not believe it it was an Open Office problem and suggested that I try finding some help elsewhere, possibly on a Mac OS x forum or blog.

I have diligently searched as best I can, but with no success.  The "fuzzyness" problem has escaped my best attempts to resolve it.

The problem occurs only with OOWriter.  OOSpreadsheets works just fine - no  "fuzzyness".  I am limping along with Apple's Text editor as my word processor, but it has some limitations compared to OOWriter.  I wonder if this is some sort of privacy or masking feature that may have been inadvertently selected

Can you suggest some additional steps that I can try?  It is almost impossible to used OOWriter in its present form.

I can provide some screen shots of this problem if it will help in resolving it for me.

Don Minow

dminow@comcast.net

Re: Repeat request for help with OO Writer

Posted by DurgaPrasad Potnuru <pv...@gmail.com>.
Don,
did you happen to file issue at https://bz.apache.org/ooo/
I see that your request is pending response from long time, so I would
suggest you create an issue and attach screenshots to the issue. That issue
no. can be referenced in further communications. Please ignore if you have
already created.