Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by anto paul <an...@hotmail.com> on 2003/06/18 11:01:21 UTC

Fw: getting a reply like this.

When I post to this mailing list I am getting the following reply. Why I am
getting this. Any one else get this ?
Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Because the postmaster at logicaonline.com has blacklisted hotmail.com.

The postmaster at logicaonline.com has nothing to do with the list, but
someone at logicaonline.com has subscribed to the list, so every time you
post, they get a copy of your post, which is rejected because the
postmaster is basically an idiot.

John

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.

RE: getting a reply like this.

Posted by Andy Eastham <an...@gliant.com>.
Jon,

I agree with what you say, except that the list probably thinks the message
send succeeded.  The message isn't bounced back to the list - the spam
warning goes back to the original sender contained in the "From" header.
The spam warning software is ignoring the "Reply-To" header.

Therefore the list may be oblivious to the problems, and the person behind
the firewall may think the list is broken because his posts and replies
don't make it through.

Andy

Re: getting a reply like this.

Posted by Jon Wingfield <jo...@mkodo.com>.
I may be wrong but...

Re: getting a reply like this.

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
Because there is no admin monitoring the list...it would be a full-time
job.  Do you want to pay their salary?

The list is automated.

John

Re: getting a reply like this.

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
There is no admin on the list.  The list is automated.  How would such an
admin be compensated for their time?  This is the open source world,
people...things are done for free, voluntarily, but you can't expect
someone to devote their day to making sure every last email message is
accounted for, and every subscriber on the list behaves.

All you have to do is set a filter on YOUR end to delete logicaonline.com
mail.  Problem solved.  Sheesh.

John

Re: getting a reply like this.

Posted by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com>.