Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Preston Carman <pr...@apache.org> on 2015/02/12 19:28:04 UTC

GSOC Mentoring (Approval?)

Hi,

Is there an approval process that we need to go through to become a GSOC
mentor? Is this open to anyone active within the project?

Thanks,
Preston

Re: GSOC Mentoring (Approval?)

Posted by Ulrich Stärk <ul...@spielviel.de>.
Yes there is. Requirements are being an Apache committer and being in good standing with the
community you'd like to mentor for. A PMC member will need to acknowledge you.

I'll inform all prospective mentors about the process when the time comes over at
mentors@community.apache.org (read: you should subscribe to this list ;)).

Cheers,

Uli