Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Raible, Matt" <Ma...@cable.comcast.com> on 2003/06/02 22:21:43 UTC

ValidatorUtil deprecated?

I just downloaded and installed Struts from last night (6/02/2003).  Now I'm
getting deprecation errors for ValidationUtil, yet the API docs say nothing
about what it's been replaced with (http://tinyurl.com/dac9).  Any ideas?

Also, ValidatorResources has a couple deprecated methods too.

ValidatorResources.get(java.util.Locale,java.lang.Object)
                  .getFieldMap()

Thanks,

Matt

Re: ValidatorUtil deprecated?

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
Raible, Matt wrote:

>I just downloaded and installed Struts from last night (6/02/2003).  Now I'm
>getting deprecation errors for ValidationUtil, yet the API docs say nothing
>about what it's been replaced with (http://tinyurl.com/dac9).  Any ideas?
>
>Also, ValidatorResources has a couple deprecated methods too.
>
>ValidatorResources.get(java.util.Locale,java.lang.Object)
>                  .getFieldMap()

Your probably talking about commons-validator ?
Struts 1.1 will ship with the 1.02 version of commons-validator not
the 1.1 version. So I would say this is a bug in the Validator docs,
they should point to the equivalent method in the new class.

There are two ways to keep up with this:
1) Subscribe to commons-dev to get the commit messages or

2) Look at an old example that uses ValidatorUtil method then see
    what new method is used.

3) Using the old source code take a section and do a global search
     for that code.

David has been on a mission to reorganize the commons-validator
     code, renaming forms to beans, changing method signatures....

>Thanks,
>
>Matt

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

-Rob