Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de> on 2020/07/01 16:47:15 UTC

Change "build and install" section on the website

Hi all,

The description in
https://ofbiz.apache.org/business-users.html#UsrInstall  is not correct
for the 17.12 download at the moment.

I think we should get rid of the “Build and running OFBiz” section on
the website and just refer to the INSTALL/README in the downloaded
package to avoid confusion.

It will be easier to maintain also.

What do you think?

Michael Brohl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de

Re: Change "build and install" section on the website

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Done

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi All,

After trying to update it, I have finally moved
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/How+to+install+OFBiz+with+the+Demo+Data
to the wiki Attic, with another older one from 2008.

I'll do the same for
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBENDUSER/How+to+Install+OFBiz+without+the+Demo+Data
I'll document that in the INSTALL before

Then I will modify the “Build and running OFBiz” section on the website to refer to the INSTALL file

There are maybe other deprecated install or load data or what-not related to install and load data pages that you are aware of.
Then please either move them to Wiki Attic or let us know here that we check, TIA

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael,