Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> on 2005/11/30 17:19:30 UTC

[users@httpd] good comparison of apache1.3.33 vs apache2

My server is running Mac OS X tiger with apache 1.3.33 and php4.3.11

I was wondering if someone new a place where I can see a good test
between the two (would like on mac but doesn't need to be).

Main two problems are image load speed and php speed

Re: [users@httpd] good comparison of apache1.3.33 vs apache2

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 11/30/05, Benjamin Adams <ba...@ambrosiasw.com> wrote:
> My server is running Mac OS X tiger with apache 1.3.33 and php4.3.11
>
> I was wondering if someone new a place where I can see a good test
> between the two (would like on mac but doesn't need to be).
>
> Main two problems are image load speed and php speed

Unless you are running extremely high loads, you aren't going to see
any substantial difference between the two.  Version 2 uses sendfile
which, assuming os x supports it, should make it faster on static
files.

If you are setting up a new server, you should run version 2 because
that is where all future developement effort is going.

Joshua.