Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Ian Lim <ia...@ebyssness.com> on 2001/04/25 09:41:18 UTC

Turbine Logging Service with EJB

Hi

I have managed to use Turbine logging, resource services
in standalone Java GUI client, Java servlet and Java RMI server development.

And now I am looking to the possiblity of excercising Turbine Logging
services in the EJB context. I wonder has anybody try this kind of *stunt*
before ? :)

Well, if not, what other options might be available to implement logging
for EJB ?

Regards and keep up the good work :)
Ian Lim
Ebyssness

Re: Turbine Logging Service with EJB

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
"Ian Lim" <ia...@ebyssness.com> writes:

> And now I am looking to the possiblity of excercising Turbine Logging
> services in the EJB context. I wonder has anybody try this kind of *stunt*
> before ? :)

I don't think so, but look forward to hearing about your results.
Rafal from e-point has some changes cooking which will definitely make
this easier in Turbine 2.2 (which is still to come).

> Well, if not, what other options might be available to implement logging
> for EJB ?

If Turbine proves too cumbersome (which I doubt, considering how many
ways you've been able to bend it so far ;), I recommend using Log4J
directly.

Daniel Rall

Re: Turbine Logging Service with EJB

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/25/01 12:41 AM, "Ian Lim" <ia...@ebyssness.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have managed to use Turbine logging, resource services
> in standalone Java GUI client, Java servlet and Java RMI server development.
>
> And now I am looking to the possiblity of excercising Turbine Logging
> services in the EJB context. I wonder has anybody try this kind of *stunt*
> before ? :)
>
> Well, if not, what other options might be available to implement logging
> for EJB ?
>
> Regards and keep up the good work :)
> Ian Lim
> Ebyssness

You can create your own logging implementation in Turbine which sends its
events to an EJB server or whatever...it is all just Java code...

Just implement the various interfaces in org.apache.turbine.services.logging

It is pretty easy.

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous