Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jason Lotz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/23 19:22:16 UTC

Clearing field values after form validation

I have a simple form that does some server-side validation in the
onValidate() method.  When the form is invalid, I have confirmed that it
correctly calls my onFailure() method which is defined as -

    void onFailure()
    {
        // Clear the previous password and captcha fields.
        password = null;
        confirm = null;
        captcha = null;
    }

These 3 values are form fields that I expect to be blank when I see the
form, but the values are still there.  From what I have read, it seems like
this should be working as I expect.  Can anyone help?

Jason

Re: Clearing field values after form validation

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Em Thu, 23 Apr 2009 14:22:16 -0300, Jason Lotz <ja...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> These 3 values are form fields that I expect to be blank when I see the
> form, but the values are still there.  From what I have read, it seems
> like
> this should be working as I expect.  Can anyone help?

Take a look at the generated HTML. Firefox sometimes fills form inputs
with previous values.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://www.arsmachina.com.br/thiago