Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by ojalà <pe...@mediamind.it> on 2011/10/14 09:13:06 UTC

multivale field: solr stop to go

I need to extract the last 20 keywords in all my documents, sorted by score.
The keywords field is multivalued and the Solr schema I have defined like
this:
<field name="keywords"		type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
multiValued="true"/>
The problem is as follows: my query is ok but when I arrive to index 518
documents Solr seems to no longer work. But if I remove a document (517) the
query to Solr continues to operate.
What could be my problem?

http://solr:8983/solr/select?indent=on&version=2.2&
start=0&rows=5&qt=standard& wt=standard&
fl=id,metadata,score,keywords&sort=score+asc& q=category_id:"a:Original"&
facet=true& facet.limit=20& facet.mincount=1& facet.sort=true&
facet.field=keywords

Re: multivale field: solr stop to go

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Hmmm, you need to post more information,
especially the results of appending &debugQuery=true

But right off the bat, the "string" type is probably not
what you want if your input has more than one
word in it. "string" types are completely unanalyzed,
tokens aren't extracted, no stemming or casing
is done, etc.

Best
Erick