Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jason Rogers <ja...@tumbleweed.com> on 2001/09/04 15:34:21 UTC

RE: OurOfMemoryError

What is the output of "java -version" ?  I was running with 1.3.0-C and saw
this a lot on my big projects.

I logged a bug with Sun and got a message back from their bug team that they
were already aware of the issue and were currently trying to fix it.  Of
course, the only work around for the time being was to increase memory to
the JVM.  Do you have another JVM you could use as a test?

To the general ANT public (probably a question for Development) - are there
any areas that you are aware of where Ant is holding on to objects that it
doesn't really need?  E.g. -- Is there any ("patch")work the rest of us
could be doing to increase the performance of Ant?  I guess I could run one
of my larger scripts through a profiler to see where the most intensive
parts are...

-Jason