Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "SWAMINATHAN,UMA (Non-HP-Cupertino,ex1)" <um...@non.hp.com> on 2002/08/27 18:01:26 UTC

Invalid character while parsing

Hi,

I used the SAXWriter sample that comes with Xerces parser. When I gave an
input xml file that contains the below mentioned characters, the parser
failed with invalid character error. I checked that these characters fall
under the range as specified in the XML specification.
® - 0xae
° - 0xb0
µ - 0xb5
± - 0xb1

Could someone let me know why these are invalid as per Xerces parser?

Thanks
Uma

RE: Invalid character while parsing

Posted by Ragunath Marudhachalam <rm...@circuitvision.com>.
check out the character encoding... by default it will be utf-8. Change the
encoding to ISO-8859-1. It may help....

Ragu
CircuitVision