Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Larry Suto <la...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/14 23:46:10 UTC

Antrun plugin

Hi I am trying to use some software that is supplied as a set of ant tasks.

It has two stages one in which it creates intermediate files and then
another when it scans these intermediate files.

I would like to use the antrun plugin and have it create intermediated
files. This stage I would like to bind to a lifecycle phase. I would
like child poms to be able to inhereit and execute this also.

Next I would like to use antrun to create a scan stage and the bind
this to a later lifecycle phase than the earlier stage. I dont want
the child poms to inherit this.

Is there any way to do this....right now I am trying the antrun
multiphase method by setting an id for each exection bloack. Can you
define an antrun config twice in a pom.xml and only have child poms
inherit one of them.

Thanks,

Larry Suto

Re: Antrun plugin

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/14/07, Larry Suto <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you
> define an antrun config twice in a pom.xml and only have child poms
> inherit one of them.

It would seem so:  the <inherited> element is a child of <execution>.

http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.0.4/maven-model/maven.html

--
Wendy