Posted to users@flex.apache.org by jacobbullock <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/09 20:13:38 UTC

Re: failed to run installer 3.2 on my Mac OS Sierra

I recently had an issue running the installer on Sierra. It just failed
silently every time i ran it.  To solve it, i right clicked on the Apache
Flex SDK Installer that was installed to Applications/Apache and then
selected 'Show Package Contents'.  From there I browsed into MacOS directory
and just clicked on the installer in that directory and everything ran fine.

Re: failed to run installer 3.2 on my Mac OS Sierra

Posted by danieljsummers <da...@gmail.com>.
This is also another option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTPCHzxhDcE

He shows how to enable the install from anywhere

Re: failed to run installer 3.2 on my Mac OS Sierra

Posted by danieljsummers <da...@gmail.com>.
It's a little annoying, but I was able to get it to load by going into the
installation path

/Applications/Apache Flex/

Then right-clicking  > Show Package Contents

Then navigate to the executable and it will load:

/Contents/MacOS/Apache Flex SDK Installer

Re: failed to run installer 3.2 on my Mac OS Sierra

Posted by Nemi <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for input.

That's what I (tried to) say previously:
"It runs ok if one "manually" expands app package and by running
Contents/MacOS/MyAIRApp script"

Did you find out what is the root problem?
How to make it work normal, at first run, without silent fails?