Posted to users@apex.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org> on 2016/04/25 18:45:09 UTC

Apache Apex announced as Top-Level Project

Dear Community,

Apex graduation was approved by the ASF board last week and the
announcement went out this morning:

https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache
_software_foundation_announces90

https://twitter.com/TheASF/status/724538689993474048

Congratulations everyone and we are looking forward to take it forward from
here. Thanks to the ASF and especially our mentors for the support.
Everyone please help promote the news!

In recent weeks we had many meetup events and there is a ton of information
about Apex available to get started, have a look and share it with your
friends and colleagues:

http://apex.apache.org/docs.html

http://www.slideshare.net/ApacheApex

Do help and let everyone know about the awesome capabilities of Apex.

We have a lot of plans ahead and everyone is invited to help:

<http://goog_175237543/>
http://apex.apache.org/roadmap.html

Next up will be the 3.4.0 release which will add support for anti-affinity
of operators, to complement the already existing stream locality. It will
also add the foundation for large state management in operators, which will
make it into the join operators etc. in subsequent releases.

Also in the works are several new operators to simplify development of
ingest and transform pipelines (enrichment, more file formats etc.)

Almost complete is the first iteration of high level Java (stream) API.

We are also working on other higher level abstractions and integrations,
including SAMOA, Storm compatibility, optimizations for batch, broader
support for event time windowing etc.

Follow @ApacheApex  https://twitter.com/ApacheApex
Check out upcoming meetups:  http://www.meetup.com/topics/apache-apex

Stay tuned for more.

Thomas on behalf of the Apache Apex PMC.