Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2007/02/27 10:27:06 UTC

configurable product on quote.

Can please somebody help me find the best solution?

I need to put a configurable product on a quote. and later convert the quote
into an order.

The problem here is that only the total price of the configuration can be
stored in the quote but not the parts it consist out of and the quantity.

In the order it is solved by creating a productionrun and connecting the
required products and quantities there. In the cart it is stored in the
configWrapper.

The only way i see now is to create a new table for the quoteItem and probably
for the shopping list  and the CustRequestItem too..... to store the product
and quantity.....

anybody any suggestions?

thanks in advance,

regards,
Hans

Re: configurable product on quote.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Feb 27, 2007, at 2:42 AM, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:

> David E. Jones wrote:
>> Chances are Jacopo will have similar and maybe more complete advice.
>
> Did you notice that recently you and I send out our posts about the
> same subjects mostly in the same time? And there are probably 9
> hours of difference with the timezones! :-)

It just isn't right is it... ;) I guess I should get to bed!

-David

Re: configurable product on quote.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David,

David E. Jones wrote:

> Chances are Jacopo will have similar and maybe more complete advice.

Did you notice that recently you and I send out our posts about the same
subjects mostly in the same time? And there are probably 9 hours of
difference with the timezones! :-)

Jacopo

Re: configurable product on quote.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On Feb 27, 2007, at 2:27 AM, Hans Bakker wrote:

> Can please somebody help me find the best solution?
>
> I need to put a configurable product on a quote. and later convert
> the quote
> into an order.
>
> The problem here is that only the total price of the configuration
> can be
> stored in the quote but not the parts it consist out of and the
> quantity.
>
> In the order it is solved by creating a productionrun and
> connecting the
> required products and quantities there. In the cart it is stored in
> the
> configWrapper.
>
> The only way i see now is to create a new table for the quoteItem
> and probably
> for the shopping list  and the CustRequestItem too..... to store
> the product
> and quantity.....

Chances are Jacopo will have similar and maybe more complete advice.

The basic issue is that we have no way to persist product
configuration data except in a BOM, etc. We really need some entities
to store a configuration, and then be able to attach those to
requests, quotes, and even things like shopping lists and such. I
think this will require a little bit more than just productId and
quantity to make it possible to reload the configuration options, in
fact it should probably be more config specific and have something
like a config item id rather than a product id.

Anyway, Jacopo may have more (and more helpful) thoughts on this as
he has mentioned this a few times.

-David

Re: configurable product on quote.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
The original idea, if I'm not wrong was this:

a) add a "store" method to the ProductConfigWrapper (or Worker) to store
the configuration in the ProductConfigConfig entity (by assigning a new
configId)

b) add a new constructor to the ProductConfigWrapper to load a wrapper
from a stored configId

Jacopo

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hans,