Posted to dev@lucy.apache.org by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2010/11/21 18:55:43 UTC

[lucy-dev] 0.1-incubating release timeline?

Hey Guys,

I may be way off here, but it seems like:

1. the code has been ported to ASLv2
2. the Software Grant is in place
3. issues are getting resolved and work is being done

That said, how far are we off from a 0.1-incubating release? Would it be fair to say within a month? I think if that's the case, I can help clean up JIRA and get stuff organized for a release. I'd even volunteer to be the release manager if someone trained me on how to build, test and package up the system.

A first Apache release will go a *long* way towards building a community here at Apache. Let's see if we can make it happen!

Cheers,
Chris

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist
Office: 171-266B, Mailstop: 171-246
Email: Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
WWW:   http://sunset.usc.edu/~mattmann/

Re: [lucy-dev] 0.1-incubating release timeline?

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
+1 to the below, with the exception of implementing the branding requirements. I don't think that's mandatory for a release...it's really independent of it (though mandatory).

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Peter Karman <ka...@peknet.com>.
Marvin Humphrey wrote on 11/21/10 7:51 PM:

> Peter and I should probably start a ReleaseTODO wiki page, like most Apache
> projects seem to have.

I've started a wiki ReleaseGuide page and will fill it in over the next few days.

Re: [lucy-dev] 0.1-incubating release timeline?

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.