Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Yuri Krysko <Yu...@mcdean.com> on 2017/05/23 20:57:35 UTC

periodic exception

Hi Devs,

I am developing a custom processor for nifi. My first one. I am seeing the below periodically in the app log. To my knowledge, there should not be any rollbacks, as my events are processed as expected. Overall, the code seems to work fine. I would like to understand how to t-shoot this better. Thanks!

2017-05-23 16:51:01,931 INFO [Provenance Repository Rollover Thread-1] o.a.n.p.PersistentProvenanceRepository Successfully Rolled over Provenance Event file containing 2 records. In the past 5 minutes, 1 events have been written to the Provenance Repository, totaling 1.13 KB

2017-05-23 16:51:20,046 DEBUG [Finalizer] o.a.n.c.r.StandardProcessSession StandardProcessSession[id=0] session rollback called, FlowFile records are [none] {}

java.lang.Throwable: Stack Trace on rollback

at org.apache.nifi.controller.repository.StandardProcessSession.rollback(StandardProcessSession.java:900)

at org.apache.nifi.controller.repository.StandardProcessSession.rollback(StandardProcessSession.java:894)

at org.apache.nifi.controller.repository.StandardProcessSession.rollback(StandardProcessSession.java:889)

at org.apache.nifi.controller.repository.StandardProcessSession.finalize(StandardProcessSession.java:3021)

at java.lang.System$2.invokeFinalize(System.java:1270)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:98)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:34)

at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:210)

________________________________

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: M.C. Dean, Inc. and its subsidiaries considers this e-mail and any files transmitted with it to be protected, proprietary or privileged information intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). Any disclosure of this material or the information contained herein, in whole or in part, to anyone outside of the intended recipient or affiliates is strictly prohibited. M. C. Dean, Inc. accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information contained in it, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Employees of M.C. Dean, Inc. are instructed not to infringe on any rights of the recipient; any such communication violates company policy. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken or omitted in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited by M.C. Dean, Inc.; please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication and destroy all copies.

Re: periodic exception

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
It looks like a pretty unique exception stack trace.  Is there a more
full version of that stack available?  Are you able to post your logs?

Re: periodic exception

Posted by Yuri Krysko <Yu...@mcdean.com>.
Mark, Joe,

Thanks for your input. I am about to deploy my processor to another server
that has standard logging configured. I will give it a run in the
environment mimicking our future production. I will let you know if there
are any unknown exceptions and post the logs then.

Thank you for such quick responses

Re: periodic exception

Posted by Mark Payne <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Yuri,