Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Satyam Singh <sa...@ericsson.com> on 2014/08/12 20:21:29 UTC

Making All datanode down

Hi Users,

In my cluster setup i am doing one test case of making only all
datanodes down and keep namenode running.

In this case my application gets error with remoteException:
  could only be replicated to 0 nodes instead of minReplication (=1).
There are 0 datanode(s) running and no node(s) are excluded in this
operation

Then i make all datanodes up, but i still faces above exception looks
like datanode came up but not sync with namenode.

I have to then restart my application for writing files to hdfs. After
restart it starts processing fine but i don't want to kill my
application in this case.

Prompt help is highly appreciated!!

Regards,
Satyam

Re: Making All datanode down

Posted by Gordon Wang <gw...@pivotal.io>.
Did you try to close the file and reopen it for writing after datanodes
restart ?

I think if you close the file and reopen it. The exception might disappear.

--
Regards
Gordon Wang

Re: Making All datanode down